Materials you will need:
1. Collect a few branches from your backyard, local park or natural area. Arrange then in a vase or other tall container. You may wish to put rocks in the bottom for stability.
2. Find a leaf template or make your own and trace on leaf coloured paper.
3. Have your children write out things they are thankful for. Young children can have assistance writing or draw out their thoughts.
4. Punch a hole in the leaf and pull some thread through to hang on the branches.
5. As an alternative, use real pressed leaves for your tree. Put on a strip of white paint to write on.