Materials you will need:
Broken non-toxic crayons
3 teaspoons vegetable oil
Small dowel or toothpick
1. Place ¼ teaspoon of vegetable oil in each of the muffin cups.
2. Make sure there is no paper remaining on the crayons. If the crayon pieces are very large, break them into smaller pieces so that they will fit into the muffin cups (the ideal size is one inch or smaller).
3. Fill each of the muffin cups one-third of the way up with broken crayons. Continue until all of the muffin cups are filled.
4. Bake the crayons at 275 degrees for 5-8 minutes. The crayons start to melt quickly so pay careful attention!
5. As soon as the crayons are melted, remove from the oven, and stir gently with a toothpick. At this point, the crayons will look very unattractive, but DO NOT WORRY! They will look nicer when they are flipped over.
6. Once the crayons are completely cool, tap lightly on the muffin tin so that the crayons will slide out.
7. What are you waiting for? Start coloring and creating masterpieces with your new crayons!