Materials you will need:
Two White Pompoms
Two 1/2" Pink Pompoms
Pink, Yellow, Black and Orange Foam Scrap
Three Green Pipe Cleaners
2-1/2" Styrofoam Balls
5" Square of Cardboard
1. Make a pompon by wrapping yarn around floppy disk (or heavy cardboard) as least 100 times.
2. Cut a 6" piece of yarn and slide it under wrapped yarn. Tie tightly into a double knot.
3. Turn floppy over and cut completely through yarn on this side. Turn yarn blob sideways and smooth down strands.
4. Ask on adult to slice off the bottom of the Styrofoam ball so it stands on end.
5. Cover the top and sides of the ball with tacky glue.
6. Separate the strands of the pompon to fit the Styrofoam egg up inside. Press pompon into place. Arrange yarn.
7. Cut pipe cleaners in half. Poke through yarn and into Styrofoam ball. Bend four for legs.
8. Gently curl the two for antennae.
9. Glue two white pompoms for eyes, and two pink pompoms for antennae tips.
10. Punch holes out of craft foam and glue on all around bug.
11. Glue two black holes on pompom for pupils on the eyes.