Materials you will need:
Opaque Paint Markers
A dried Kidney bean
Newspaper to protect your work surface
1. Decide which way your rock will sit as a hedgehog and apply glue to the bottom surface. Place the glued hedgehog flat on top of a piece of felt and press into place. Cut the extra felt off. Let dry.This will keep your pet from scratching surfaces!
2. Chose the side of the rock that will be your Hedgehog's face. Use a pencil to trace where the face will end and the fur will start. Leave a fairly good sized face, maybe 1/4 of the rock. Cover the area of rock behind your line with Tacky Glue. Try not to get any glue on the felt. Use a liberal amount of glue so that the rice will stick in place securely.
3. Insert your hedgehog glue end first into the bowl of rice. Tuck the rock down all the way into the bowl so that the whole glued area is covered in rice. Allow to dry completely.
4. Use the paint markers to draw eyes on your hedgehog, and to color a dried bean for the nose. The bean can be painted black with the marker before or after you've glued it into place.
5. Draw two small ear shapes on the leftover scraps of felt. Make them rounded on top and flat on the bottom. A quarter makes a good pattern. Fold the bottom flat edge of the ear in half and make a little tuck. Glue the tuck so that it holds its shape and allow it dry. A paper clip helps hold the felt together while drying. Glue the ears onto the hedgehog.